Saturday, April 12, 2008

what's wrong with me?

what i have isn't even really writer's block. i know pretty much exactly what i want to write. instead, i have a crippling inability to actually sit down and write it out. it's gotten worse the older i've gotten, to the point where i'm putting off 15-page papers until the day before they're due. i manage to crank them out, sure, but only after 4-7 days of literally just laying there in bed staring at an empty word document. i feel literally paralyzed, stressed, and disappointed in myself. weird.

i've believed, since starting grad school, that i have a very strong, organic internal calendar. when i'm ready to write, i will. here's hoping that i'm ready sometime before the professor wants the paper.

in other news, my mom brought me a whole box of godiva truffles, just for me. :) i am lucky.

1 comment:

BUELSY said...

i know EXACTLY how you feel!